About the job
Testlio empowers software development teams to ship great customer experiences by providing world class development tools and services to assure quality – we are an integrated function in our customer’s development life cycle. You love building solutions for yourself and others like Microsoft, Amazon, CBS, Fox, NBA and for many others.
As a Principal Engineer, you will provide end-to-end technical leadership and contribution to Testlio’s proprietary software in a full-stack development environment. Guiding direct and indirect technological decisions that combine tradeoffs and opportunities for long-term architectural design, while also validating ideas via continuous iterations and/or time-to-market concepts. As a leader, you partner with other engineers to build relationships, share expertise and mentor other engineers, especially senior ones how to make a technological leap to the next level. Your passion for excellent customer experiences is perceived through your quality of work items, idea presentation, technical design documentation. You can turn complex problems into simple solutions. You enjoy talking to customers from time to time and make an impact on the industry.
- Work in a team environment: contribute to team tasks and goals; follow teams processes (Scrum or Kanban) and disciplines; participate in rituals like retrospective to push improvements.
- Lead and guide other team members (also other engineers outside your direct team) engineering and technological design patterns, architecting craft.
- Take ownership of leading initiatives on complex technical problems, breaking it down into iterative technical roadmaps.
- Customer obsession and passion for shipping high quality products.
- Design and build secure, scalable, highly available and performant software solutions.
- Mentor other engineers in the team and educate other stakeholders on opportunities that technology can bring.
- Stay up to date on industry trends around cloud native technologies, open source development and dev ops processes
What do we expect from you?
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 10+ years of industry experience building and shipping software.
- Knowledge of software design principles and patterns is essential.
- Expertise in OOP programming languages (C#, Java, Python, PHP, etc). Experience with React, Node.js and TypeScript is a strong plus.
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL or similar.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, conducting technical design and successfully delivering results. Can demonstrate.
- Experience in migrating from one technology to another.
- Experience growing and mentoring (senior) engineers.
- Experience building and shipping a large-scale cloud service. Familiarity with cloud technologies and infrastructure like Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and DevOps tools and processes.
What can we offer?
- You will have the chance to help some of the biggest and most exciting companies in the world confidently ship apps that today already reach more than 1 billion people.
- Opportunity to experience an unmatched company culture, collaborating with a motivated, transparent and talented global, distributed team.
- Opportunity to work fully remotely.
- Opportunity to learn constantly in a truly diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary, compensation plans and stock options.
- Employee wellness and development perks.
- Not to mention, you’ll be part of an amazing pride of lions – check out our latest Lionfest video and be updated with what’s going on atm.
You can find more information and already get some insights about our Platform team here.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds and cultures.