A Proven Approach to Software Testing
QA leaders have learned that managing outsourced testing vendors or inexperienced crowdsourced testers delays progress without producing results. Today’s best approach is networked testing – an evolution of in-house, outsourced, and crowdsourced testing practices. Quality assurance at its finest.
Testlio’s flexible managed services formula reduces, not increases, your workload by combining professional services, with a global network of skilled and validated freelancers, and best-in-class testing software to power efficiencies. Fully-managed or co-managed. Your choice.
The Testlio Difference
Everything you need for QA, in one place.
No one wants to question the quality of results or spend more time than necessary managing an offshore vendor or an inexperienced crowd of testers.
With Testlio’s fully-managed option, we become your quality team and partner to DevOps. Your Testlio engagement manager partners with your team and ensures you keep up with continuous deployment. Your engagement manager follows our Do It For Me approach to app testing and takes on your heavy lifting.
- Collects cycle requirements, oversees automated and manual test coverage, and identifies risks.
- Selects freelance testers and quality engineers based on your needs and the recommendations of our sophisticated algorithm.
- Communicates often and delivers results on deadline.
- Provides recommendations on pre-production improvements.
Testlio allowed us to seamlessly scale our capabilities as we brought on new customers.
Testlio’s testing software, access to a freelancer network, and the ability to add unlimited employees to the platform means you get behind the steering wheel to tackle quick fixes and run tests at any time of the day or night.
With Testlio’s co-managed option, we extend your quality team. Using Testlio’s testing software, you can write test cases, invite freelance testers and quality engineers from our Network, and initiate automated tests from within the Testlio Platform or through your CI/CD systems. Your in-house team has full Platform access via our collective testing capabilities. We’ve got your back and help review, edit, and write additional test cases for expanded coverage. We also update test cases based on tester feedback and more. Together we co-manage your mobile and desktop app testing projects.
- Write your own automated, functional, regression, exploratory and other test cases using Testlio software
- Kick off automated runs and review results
- Test in minutes by inviting freelancers from Testlio network based on device coverage needs
- Assign test cases and cadence to teams.
- Run smoke tests, confirm a hotfix, run reports.
- Leverage Testlio’s filters and Recommendations engine to create, update, and extend Network Groups.
- Leverage Testlio’s Services team for automated testing strategy
“Testlio has been a great QA partner for us over the years! Our Testlio engagement managers are always super responsive, very thorough in their communication and results, and very friendly any time we interact.”
Quality of Testers
With validated freelancers in over 150 countries, Testlio offers an elite pool of the best-trained, most-motivated testers and quality engineers in the business. Only 3% of the tester sign-ups into the Testlio Network are accepted.
Freelancers are invited into Groups based on specific testing strategies and approaches. From automated testing to functional testing to user experience testing and everything in between, Testlio’s recommendations engine matches the right testers and quality engineers to your specific project.
- Our testers live and behave like your customers with a diversity of devices, global locations, wifi environments, and languages.
- Our testers work in short bursts to avoid fatigue and maintain objectivity, augmenting your QA team during periods of peak demand.
- Our testers are paid by the hour, not by the bug, which leads to higher quality issue detection and thoughtful reporting.
- Our testers earn Ratings based on engagement attributes that help guide them on pathways of growth and mastery.
- Coordinators and Admins can view full freelancer Profiles to aid in selection.
“They are great at communication, they got the feel for how our app works very quickly and asked intelligent and relevant questions. Whenever we were ready to push a version out to test their test cycles were fast and thorough. I have high confidence in them as a company which took some pressure off (they are very reliable).”
With Testlio, you have visibility into every step of the testing process – from freelancers, devices, and test cycles, to issues uncovered. Further, you can learn about and communicate with all of the freelancers on your project.
- Visibility into data captured including the number of bugs, devices, locations, languages, and overall test execution – serves as a benchmark on test cycles, issues, and hours to manage.
- Carefully planned testing hours used to apply to projects of any type with unused hours available for more coverage as needed.
- Unlimited licenses so your entire team can establish accounts and use Testlio software.
- No hidden fees or upcharges for anything. Ever.
“Other companies on pay-per-bug models weren’t uncovering the real issues that most affected our users.
We appreciated the professionalism of Testlio’s testers week in and week out as we strive to meet customer expectations.”
We tackle your resource shortages and surges in project load with experienced, on-demand manual and automated QE freelancers. Within a single platform you manage day-to-day automated and manual testing with fewer resources most of the time, reducing costs while maintaining full coverage when it’s needed.
What do in-house QA teams get with Testlio?
- Quality engineers, extensive integrations, holistic platform, and strategic services needed to seamlessly combine automated and manual testing.
- Burstable teams of freelancers, in distributed locations, working within narrow run windows on real devices. Work often occurs overnight and/or on weekends. Results are fast and tuned to the rhythms of agile engineering teams.
- Co-managed experiences and a single bespoke, optimized, broad, and flexible software testing platform.
- A high volume of QA resources for native app releases only when necessary. This approach allows internal teams to manage day-to-day testing with fewer resources most of the time, reducing costs while maintaining full coverage when it’s needed.
- Coordinators and Admins leverage Testlio’s filters and recommendations engine to create, update, and extend Groups.
“Testlio’s PMs will do a great job of putting together test cycles and test cases with minimal input from us, but they will also accept and integrate as much detail as we can provide. Sometimes we provide a huge list of test cases for a new feature and the testers execute them all. Other times we say ‘try anything that you can think of that touches feature X’. We get quality results either way.”
Outsourced or offshore qa testing was introduced to replace in-house teams but comes with a set of challenges, including limited transparency, disconnected processes, and inflexible capacity management.
Testlio’s more efficient approach introduces a combination of freelance quality engineers and a highly burstable team of testers who are deployed to a specific release cycle, often in key locations and languages, in minutes, overnight, and over weekends depending on your needs.
Why Testlio vs. Outsourcing?
- Testlio engagements are highly transparent and holistically traceable with visibility into all moving pieces at play.
- Testlio blends into DevOps processes in support of continuous testing. Both manual and automated testing can be networked into code as it is checked in—ensuring the rapid completion of visual, functional, and other tests.
- Bespoke testing platform to manage builds, tests, plans, runs, issues, teams and reports. Full visibility into test cycles, freelancers, issues, hours to manage, and utilization serves as a benchmark for future projects.
- Co-managed experiences with expert project managers and skilled freelancers who provide essential thought leadership and insights.
“The reporting system was great. The way it’s organized is very straightforward. It’s a component of the communication flow as well.”
A blend of both automation (to increase unit-level test coverage and depth of testing without increasing overall costs) along with a set of manual tests (for more complex and exploratory testing), is the best way to achieve increased overall test coverage.
How does Testlio complement your automated testing?
- Integrating the design, build, and management of both automated and manual test runs and results with your engineering workflows.
- Automatically send new compiled builds to Testlio to trigger either manual and automated testing runs via API endpoints. You can align Runs with builds from your CI/CD pipeline. You can also manage each test run in a bespoke fashion.
- Receive free device slots and 100 hours/per month to process and deploy your automated tests on racked devices across multiple operating systems.
- Supplement automated tests with real device utilization.
- Integrated reporting and insights to review and validate all test results and defects.
“The value Testlio brings is unique, just like their people.
They bring thought, originality, and a diverse background of experiences to bear when it comes to testing, and that’s something we’re a long way off from being able to automate.”
The number one flaw with the traditional crowdsourced testing model is that the low skilled testers, incentivized to find non-essential bugs, need to be managed and their work reviewed. The hidden costs of managing crowdsourced testing come from the need for detailed test plans, time spent going through non-essential bugs, and an inconsistent team of testers. This extra work challenges the cost-benefit ratio of working with a crowd of testers.
How Testlio outperforms with managed Crowdtesting.
- Testlio utilizes a networked testing approach, a powerful evolution of crowdtesting best practices tuned to deliver exceptional automated and manual quality assurance. Speed. Coverage. Economics.
- Co-managed experiences with named professional engagement managers who understand your software inside and out.
- Testlio deploys dedicated, multi-time zone teams of expert freelancer testers and quality engineers exactly where you need them: at stores, in stadiums, in metros, in countries, etc. while retaining valuable process and product knowledge for more reliable results and faster turnaround.
- Networked testing uses a high percentage of consistent freelancers run-to-run—while also rotating new testers for fresh insights and perspectives.
- Traceable actions and proactive reporting process giving visibility into the entire testing journey: what’s tested, when it’s tested, what devices are tested, costs, outcomes, and recommended actions.
“I love Testlio’s flexibility and willingness to accommodate our needs.
I can ask testers to look for crashes and undesirable behaviors that we know exist but haven’t been able to reproduce on our own.”
Managed App Testing with Testlio
With Testlio, your internal QA testing teams can now confidently tackle full coverage during peak periods of demand without the burden of managing a second team.
From leading brands to emerging companies, our clients rely on Testlio every day. Interested in learning more? Drop us a line. We’d love to show you how we’re a different type of testing company, first hand.