Client employees and Testlio freelancers test together for exceptional QA results
November 11, 2020. Austin, TX and Tallinn, Estonia. Today, Testlio, the originator of networked testing, announced the availability of version 3.1 of its testing management platform.
Building on the 3.0 version, the 3.1 extension provides an entirely new Testlio Teams module, enabling clients to extend software test run participation to their employees—while continuing to rely upon Testlio’s best-in-industry network of 10K+ expert, freelance testers. Testlio calls this approach “collective testing” and sees it as an innovative set of capabilities within the QA and testing market.
Like all Testlio platform releases, 3.1 is available with unlimited licenses and no extra charges for all Testlio clients. And with Testlio 3.1, clients will no longer need to use legacy, internal-only, standalone test management tools. Key features needed for holistic testing management and execution are available in the unified Testlio platform.
Collective testing is a tenet of Testlio’s networked testing approach. It enables multiple forms of collaboration, including:
- Test authoring: multiple roles (including product managers, engineering managers, engagement managers, quality managers, testing managers, etc.) can rapidly define, build, and edit tests of various forms and types.
- Team creation: testing coordinators can assemble invitation-only, distributed teams of in-house and freelance testers. Location, device-ownership, language skills, and other factors can be used to create collective testing teams.
- Run management: testing events, from simple smoke tests to massive regressions, can be created and coordinated by Services teams from Testlio and/or key members of client engineering and quality organizations.
- Issue articulation: bugs, improvement ideas, and other forms of issues can be collaboratively authored, edited, commented, reviewed, categorized, and escalated.
- Reproduction demonstration: discovered issues can be rapidly assigned to other testers who follow reproduction protocols to unpack issue understanding, repeatability, and severity perspectives.
The Testlio 3.1 release includes a set of new features that enable the capabilities above— and further optimize the Testlio platform-powered experience. These include:
- Teams Module: the means and methods of managing human participation in quality assurance and testing initiatives has been entirely reimagined and redesigned.
- Updated roles and permissions: a new framework of account types and roles is included. New roles are Admin, Coordinator, Tester, and Observer. These roles can now be played by Testlio and client personnel, extending co-managed testing experiences.
- Tuned tester discovery algorithm: Testlio has continued to tune the algorithm that recommends testers based on a variety of factors including real-world devices.
- New Runs execution: contains an entirely new Runs execution engine, designed for speed, collaboration, and flexibility.
- Home and onboarding experiences: offers a new starting grid and series of guided tours, equipping client teams to rapidly adopt Testlio software.
The promise of collective testing is powerful. Benefits for Testlio clients include:
- Coverage: with in-house and freelancer team combinations, optionally managed by Testlio Services personnel, devices, languages, locations, and testing forms are fully covered.
- Flexibility: collective testing unlocks new ways of working, offering nimble structures and approaches that cover simple exploratory tests, critical customer journey testing, complex functional runs, and more.
- Speed: with in-day, overnight, weekend-based, and other forms of working, the Testlio platform can equip product, engineering, and quality teams to move fast.
- Economics: with the free Testlio platform, clients no longer need to pay for legacy testing management systems. And Testlio client and testing services are structured to provide exceptional value.
Collective testing via our 3.1 platform release expands our unique commitment to our clients. We pledge to provide the most holistic, transparent, impactful, and integrated testing software and resources. And we hold that Testlio offers the best value and the most flexibility in the QA and testing market today.Steve Semelsberger, CEO, Testlio.
Testlio is the originator of networked testing. Our testing management platform, global network of expert testers, and robust client services power burstable software testing. In any location. On any device. In any language. Testlio clients include Amazon, American Express, CBS, Microsoft, the NBA, and SAP. Collectively, they have awarded us an industry-leading 4.8 G2 rating and an NPS of 71. To learn more, visit www.testlio.com.