About the job
No matter which mobile apps you use, there’s a good chance that Testlio plays a role in it. We have tested apps from top brands like the NBA, CBS, Microsoft, Hotels.com, and USA Today. Over 1.6 billion people have a better app experience because of our work.
With a growing client base, Testlio is seeking multiple Testing Managers to be part of our Testing Team and play an integral role in our clients’ journey with Testlio. A Testing Manager is responsible for the success of our testing delivery, taking care of the important activities of clients’ testing projects, including test scope planning, test run management, and results reporting. Testing Managers work closely with clients, testers, other Testing Managers, Testing Team Managers and our Engagement Managers to make sure that testing is executed with the Testlio stamp of quality.
Testing Managers work from their own location (e.g. home office) and collaborate with a fully distributed team across the globe (Testlio partners with testers in more than 150 countries).
- You got a passion, curiosity and focused interest in the field of software testing.
- You have 7+ years of hands-on testing experience, preferably also on mobile platforms, giving you a thorough understanding of software testing methodologies and procedures with global customers.
- You have 2+ years of experience leading software testing teams and efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent.
- You have excellent writing and very good verbal communication skills in English.
- You have strong time management, problem solving, task delegation, and prioritization capabilities.
- You are analytical and detail-oriented.
- You have the ability to give constructive feedback to testers.
- You can work well under pressure and in an environment of constant change.
- You have the flexibility in working hours so you can prioritize and organise work efficiently.
- You are a fast learner, continuously improving knowledge in the testing and software development domain.
- You are a good team player, socially open-minded, empathetic and considerate of cultural differences.
Please note: An integral part of your application will be the outcome of our a test that will be included in the overall reviewing process.
To complete the application, we would kindly ask you to pass our practical step to get a better understanding of your testing knowledge. The link for the 15 min test will be sent to you automatically after applying for this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensuring the quality of a Test Run by following best practices established within Testlio as well as accounting client-side expectations.
- Defining the testing strategy for a single Run as well as for the project as a whole for a foreseeable future.
- Leading and coordinating Test Runs from start to finish – identifying relevant scope, estimating needed work task efforts, verifying the testing environment, preparing relevant test plans / mind maps / materials / guides and tools, involving relevant testers, triages reported issues, supporting testers, providing feedback and compiling meaningful end reports.
- Raising project and team related risks, problems and questions to the relevant stakeholders and taking the initiative to solve them.
- Working closely with relevant client-side stakeholders to align and execute successful testing strategies, ensuring tight process integration and exceptional results.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to test plans and test cases created by other testing managers.
- Identifying and solving technical challenges related to testing, such as simulating geographical location, using network traffic monitoring tools and so forth.
- Proactively defining priorities based on the work backlog.
- Understanding and working within the boundaries of project’s success and financial metrics, such as margin, target utilization, NPS and more.
- Monitoring project’s quality KPIs and taking appropriate actions to improve them.
Why You’ll Love This Job
- You’ll channel your passion for software testing and be integral in helping our clients build amazing app experiences for users and for some of the most exciting companies in the world.
- You’ll be the trusted go-to testing expert for your global clients.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced global company with a thriving business model, experienced leadership team and top-tier client roster.
- You’ll work alongside and learn from strongly motivated and experienced co-workers from diverse backgrounds and locations while enjoying the flexibility of a distributed team. You'll be able to manage your schedule independently and achieve your perfect work-life harmony.
- Despite the distances, you’ll love our collaborative global culture and contribute to making Testlio a great place to work!
- Opportunity to learn constantly in a truly diverse and fast-paced environment.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds and cultures.