About the job
No matter which mobile apps you use, there’s a good chance that Testlio plays a role in it. We have tested apps from top brands like the NBA, CBS, Microsoft, Hotels.com, and USA Today. Over 1.6 billion people have a better app experience because of our work.
With a growing client base, we are seeking multiple Testing Managers to be part of our Testing Team and play an integral role in our clients’ journey with Testlio. A Testing Manager is responsible for the success of our testing delivery, taking care of the important activities of clients’ testing projects, including test scope planning, test run management, and results reporting. You will be working closely with clients, the Testers, Test Leads, other Testing Managers, Testing Delivery, and our Engagement Managers to ensure that testing is executed with the Testlio stamp of quality.
Why you will love this job
- Channel your passion for software testing and be integral in helping our clients build amazing app experiences for users and for some of the most exciting companies in the world.
- You get to manage Testing for multiple hot-trend mobile and web applications from different industry verticals (Healthcare, E-commerce, Retail, Finance, Media, etc)
- Be the trusted go-to testing expert for your clients.
- Chance to work in a fast-paced environment with a thriving business model, experienced leadership team, and a top-tier client roster.
- Collaborate with strongly motivated and experienced co-workers from diverse backgrounds and locations
- Opportunity to work flexibly in a distributed by design company, be a part of our global culture, and contribute to the TestLion Pride
What does a day of a Testing Manager look like?
- Working with multiple clients and working closely with relevant client-side stakeholders to align and execute successful testing strategies, ensuring tight process integration and exceptional results.
- Ensuring the quality of a Test Run by following recommended approaches established within Testlio as well as accounting client-side expectations.
- Defining the testing strategy for a single Run as well as for the project as a whole for a foreseeable future.
- Leading and coordinating Test Runs from start to finish – identifying relevant scope, estimating needed work task efforts, verifying the testing environment, preparing relevant test plans/mindmaps/materials/guides and tools, building a team from our network of Test Leads and Testers following the unique criteria for the project, triaging reported issues, supporting testers, providing feedback and compiling meaningful end reports.
- Raising project and team-related risks, problems, and questions to the relevant stakeholders and taking the initiative to solve them.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to test plans and tests created by other testing managers.
- Identifying and solving technical challenges related to testing, such as simulating geographical location, using network traffic monitoring tools, and so forth.
- Proactively defining priorities based on the work backlog.
- Understanding and working within the boundaries of the project’s success and financial metrics, such as margin, target utilization, NPS, and more.
- Monitoring project’s quality KPIs and taking appropriate actions to improve them.
- Get involved with business areas our Testing Managers are currently working on: B2B, Software, Commercial, Media, Health & Wellness, Financial, and more.
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of hands-on testing experience, preferably also on mobile platforms.
- Experience in collaborating with multiple client-side stakeholders.
- Passion, curiosity, and focused interest in the field of software testing.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, and strong presentation skills, as the role entails talking with clients.
- Being analytical and detail-oriented with an ability to give constructive feedback to testers.
- Working well under pressure and in an environment of constant change.
- Someone who likes to have flexibility in their work hours and wants to work remotely.
- Fast learner, continuously improving knowledge in the testing and software development domain.
- Strong time management, problem-solving, task delegation, and prioritization capabilities.
- Good team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences.
- Previous experience in Project Management will be a bonus.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds and cultures.
If you have been directly affected by the war in Ukraine and are hired for this position, Testlio can help you relocate to Estonia.