About the job
Testlio empowers software development teams to ship great customer experiences by providing world class development tools and services to assure quality – we are an integrated function in our customer’s development life cycle. You love building solutions for yourself and others like Microsoft, Amazon, CBS, Fox, NBA and for many others.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to designing and leading many initiatives from ideation to implementation, monitoring and planning next improvements. Playing a vital role in converting our roadmap into successful releases and stories to our customers – we thrive by elevating experience that empowers our customers to achieve their goals. You apply your past knowledge and experience to elegant solutions that are quality built and you yearn to experiment with new technologies, approaches and learnings to build great software that you are proud of. Fostering inclusion, mentoring others, offering feedback and ideas have unlimited impact across the organization and on the industry.
- Work in a team environment: contribute to team tasks and goals; follow teams processes (Scrum or Kanban) and disciplines; participate in rituals like retrospective to push improvements.
- Customer obsession and passion for shipping high quality products.
- Do technical design of full stack system components that fit into long-term architecture, addressing all the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Build and implement performant, scalable and quality products, in an iterative approach.
- Write automated tests and/or conduct manual testing of changes.
- Work closely with designers, product managers and other stakeholders to bring the best solutions to end users.
- Write quality code, push for high-standards, do code-reviews.
- Lead debugging and root cause analysis of complex problems, offer solutions.
- Carry out rotation based on-call duties for owned services and functionalities.
- Mentor other engineers in your team.
- Open to learn fast, prototype and share learnings with others.
What do we expect from you?
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and building highly performant, quality and scalable web applications. More experience in building for cloud infrastructure and using cloud technologies is a strong plus.
- Good knowledge and understanding of SDLC and how good engineering practices can have impact to overall team performance, time-to-build and time-to-market capabilities.
- Knowledge of secure infrastructure, principles and practices is essential.
- Practical knowledge in modern APIs architecture, microservices, and event-driven architecture. Experience in designing, deploying and managing microservices.
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL or similar.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka or similar technologies is a strong plus.
- Although our current tech stack is mainly Node.js and React.js and this experience can be the most beneficial, we are open to the candidates who have/had experience with other programming languages (Java, C#, PHP, etc) and other modern frontend frameworks (Vue.js or Angular2+).
- Full English professional proficiency.
What can we offer?
- You will have the chance to help some of the biggest and most exciting companies in the world confidently ship apps that today already reach more than 1 billion people.
- Opportunity to experience an unmatched company culture, collaborating with a motivated, transparent and talented global, distributed team.
- Opportunity to work fully remotely.
- Opportunity to learn constantly in a truly diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation with stock options. Plus, perks for your development and wellness.
- Not to mention, you’ll be part of an amazing pride of lions – check out our latest Lionfest video and be updated with what’s going on atm.
You can find more information and already get some insights about our Platform team here.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.
If you have been directly affected by the war in Ukraine and are hired for this position, Testlio can help you relocate to Estonia.