About the job
No matter which apps you use, there’s a good chance that you’ve seen Testlio’s work in action. We test apps for top brands like the NBA, Paramount+, Netflix, Microsoft, SAP, and Amazon, as well as the most popular social networks and innovative growth companies. Our testing management platform, a global network of expert testers, and client services power mobile app and software testing at any scale, in any location, in any language, and on any device. Billions of people have a better digital experience thanks to Testlio.
We envision our Platform to be offering insights and deeper data capabilities to practice the data-driven decisions to release software. Data Engineering is instrumental in our quest for insights-driven testing solutions. The Senior Data Engineer role is vital to our team to build DataOps and MLOps capabilities. Driving data architecture and strategy, you will be in the spotlight to drive the next wave of innovations and solutions of Testlio Platform. In Testlio we conceive data as a key asset for the future of the company, and therefore playing this role implies working together with data scientists, infrastructure engineers and product engineering to help build market leading solutions.
Why you will love this job?
- People – ability to work with passionate people and have fun together.
- Challenging – work with AWS services like Glue, Redshift, Wrangler, Batch and custom toolings to connect MySQL, MariaDB and CSV or other data sources into new data, new value, new insights.
- Impact – democratize data access within the company by data governance model, tools and systems, keep data integrity at high quality, drive data strategy.
- Innovate – help create data models and fuel AI/ML model trainings and operations, to cultivate data-driven operations and experiences for users.
Why you will love being a part of Testlio?
- A true sense of belonging: the TestLion Pride is a global community of like-minded people who live Testlio’s six values every day. We’re deliberate about building our community with virtual events and activities that keep us connected across the globe.
- Growth through learning: knowledge exchange and learning are central to working at Testlio. You’ll find that motivated, experienced TestLions with diverse backgrounds can always introduce you to new perspectives. With unlimited Udemy access and custom-made courses, you've got the perfect environment for both personal and professional development.
- Enable human possibilities: your work at Testlio has a larger purpose. As a TestLion you will not only help our customers create well-built digital experiences for their users, but also create opportunities for Testlio's freelance network, and support social impact programs like Ignite.
- Freedom to roam: Testlio is a global company that embraces flexibility. You'll have room to work wherever within your region's main time zones. We also want to make sure you can take time off from work to rest. We honor national holidays in your home nation, and provide a generous number of days off, including personal wellness days.
What would your day look like?
- Design, develop, install, test and maintain data management systems, incl. Testlio’s Data Platform.
- Build the solution required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources into data warehouses or other destined data storages.
- Advise engineering teams to design great data schemas at collection level.
- Design and support teams to build optimal and right architectures to build data pipelines to surface data to right features, capabilities to end users – empower users with data access.
- Own, operate and maintain data lakes and warehouses as well as any tools required for data ETL, batching or business intelligence systems. Tools like DBT, Airflow, Glue, Wrangler, Redshift.
- Support product teams to generate programmatically test and demo data.
- Install/update data disaster recovery procedures for data systems.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability, integrity and quality.
- Work with various owners from other departments to analyze their needs for any data reports.
- Work with the Data Science community to establish harmony with DataOps and MLOps.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree preferred in Computer Science or related domain.
- Proven work experience of at least 5 years as a data engineer (or relevant engineering practice).
- Good understanding and knowledge of data architecture and modelling.
- Good practical experience with ETL and Data Warehousing concepts.
- Experience working with relational databases. MySQL is a must have.
- Some knowledge with AWS data solutions, like Batch, Redshift and QuickSight.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills. Familiarity with different analytical tools.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Strong teamwork experience with individual discipline.
- Fluency in English is a must.
You can find more information and already get some insights about our Platform team here.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is a female-founded, equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.