About the job
No matter which apps you use, there’s a good chance that you’ve seen Testlio’s work in action. We test apps for top brands like the NBA, CBS, Netflix, Microsoft, SAP, American Express, and the most popular social networks and innovative growth companies. Our testing management platform, a global network of expert testers, and robust client services power mobile app and software testing at any scale, in any location, in any language, on any device. Billions of people have a better digital experience, thanks to Testlio.
Do you have experience with Charles Proxy and API testing? Do you know how to read log files? Have experience with analytics testing? We are looking for a QA Analyst (Part-Time) based in the US to do analytics testing for a large media company! It will be a contract job for the duration of 1 year (Jan 2023 – Dec 2023), part-time, 15 hours per week (Mon-Fri). Working time is between 11 am – 5 pm EST time.
Requirements and info
- Project duration: 1 year, starting in January 2023
- Location: You are based in the US and can work on EST time (flexible work between 11am and 5pm)
- Type of testing: Analytics/AdOps
- Workload: 15 hours per week (Mon-Fri, mostly 11am – 5pm EST time)
- Devices needed: Mobile: iOS or Android; Laptop or Desktop (only Mac), and Roku
- It's a plus if you have at your disposal some of these devices: tvOS Apple TV 4K/HD; Vizio TV, Tizen TV, LG TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV
- Pay rate: 20 – 25 USD per hour
- Previous experience using tools like Charles Proxy.
- Experience with API testing, and analytics testing
- Great communication skills
- You have 2+ years of experience as a QA analyst with general knowledge of SDLC, QA and testing best practices, results and issue reporting, ticket prioritizing, and management.
- Experience in bug tracking management systems, in this case JIRA and knowledge management, Confluence.
- Working experience on TestRail
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps
- Nice to haves: Understanding of SDKs like Adobe/Omniture, Urban Airship, Nielsen, and Comscore
What you will be doing
- Identifying and solving technical challenges related to testing, such as simulating geographical location and using network traffic monitoring tools.
- Engaging daily with the customer to identify needed testing scope and update the customer on testing progress and results.
- Raising project and team-related risks, problems, and questions to the relevant stakeholders and taking the initiative to solve them.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to test plans and tests created by other stakeholders.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is a female-founded, equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.