About the job
No matter which apps you use, there’s a good chance that you’ve seen Testlio’s work in action. We test apps for top brands like the NBA, Paramount+, Netflix, Microsoft, SAP, and Amazon, as well as the most popular social networks and innovative growth companies. Our testing management platform, a global network of expert testers, and client services power mobile app and software testing at any scale, in any location, in any language, and on any device. Billions of people have a better digital experience thanks to Testlio.
As a Testlio Platform Software Architect you are accountable for evaluating current architecture and technical challenges. You actively contribute to the blueprint and delivery with different teams to stay on course or introduce changes needed to achieve highly robust, scalable and performant solutions. Great in communicating and collaborating with various stakeholders, you can see short and long term impact in your work as an individual and how you drive work through others.
Why you will love this job?
- Monolith vs Microservices. The right architecture never is easy and you would be in the epicenter with engineers to solve the conundrum and drive balanced decisions, implementations.
- Insights driven. Design data driven and AI empowered solutions that grant access to users to achieve more. Empower human possibilities with technology aided experiences.
- Team is everything. Work in a small engineering organization where you will be highly connected to every engineer with high influence and impact – be a mentor, partner and learn together.
Why you will love being a part of Testlio?
- A true sense of belonging: the TestLion Pride is a global community of like-minded people who live Testlio’s six values every day. We’re deliberate about building our community with virtual events and activities that keep us connected across the globe.
- Enable human possibilities: your work at Testlio has a larger purpose. As a TestLion you will not only help our customers create well-built digital experiences for their users, but also create opportunities for Testlio's freelance network, and support social impact programs like Ignite.
- Freedom to roam: Testlio is a global company that embraces flexibility. You'll have room to work wherever within your region's main time zones. We also want to make sure you can take time off from work to rest. We honor national holidays in your home nation, and provide a generous number of days off, including personal wellness days.
What would your day look like?
- Be a technical leader – you lead architectural roadmaps, technical investigations, prototyping and drive technical decisions needed for impact. Owning and leading multiple technical programs. You know how to drive “build vs buy vs borrow” decisions objectively.
- Design – technical blueprint vision and reality may be different at times. Seek for the right solution design against current and future business needs. Select the right technologies, tools, design patterns. Designs meet scalability, testability, interoperability, securability etc criteria.
- Standardization – uniformity in software design patterns, principles, and followed practices inspires you to mentor, set expectations and guidelines, validate, adjust.
- Governance – drive alignment, check if integrity is maintained, enforce agreements and practices, hold yourself and others accountable staying on the chosen path, oversee implementation.
- Solve problems – analyzing, detecting and solving problems in current architecture, pressure points and help engineering teams to overcome them.
- Communicate and collaborate – you are an excellent communicator in writing and in oral presentations. Inspire others and partner with various Platform or other stakeholders in the company to be successful. Continuously communicating is key to awareness.
- Initiate and drive impact – you lead by example, by creating proof of concepts, prototypes, document and initiate needed work to achieve goals, objectives and be deadline driven. Setting targets is a way to check back and validate we are on track.
- Contribute to the team's commitments. Working with teams when solving problems or accelerating new work items you become a team member and contribute within the team.
What do you need to succeed?
- Full-stack development experience for 10+ years.
- Knowledge of data and event-driven architectures, GraphQL and RestAPI concepts, client side vs server side rendering, high performance application solutions are needed to succeed.
- Diagramming, specification writing – UML, flowcharts, data schema designs are common tools. Able to articulate and visualize problems and solutions. We thrive on C4 modeling.
- Cloud applications – experienced with designing and/or building multi-region architecture in AWS, Azure, GCP or other datacenter approach. You also know how to extend to on-premises.
- Design patterns – strong knowledge of software design patterns. Monolith, SPA, modern microservice and SOA design constructs are areas that you are familiar with.
- Knowledge of coding best practices – KISS, Rule of Three/Five etc are tools to reduce complexity, increase reusability and maintainability. You like to learn and mentor others on these.
- Be a team player – while being knowledgeable, skillful, then architecture needs a lot of people to believe, contribute, participate and build the future. You drive results through others.
- Presentation and communications skills – present problems, solutions in an easy to understand manner also for non-technical people. You explain in simple terms, you are understood.
- Fluency in English.
You can find more information and already get some insights about our Platform team here.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is a female-founded, equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.