About the job
No matter which mobile apps you use, there’s a good chance that Testlio plays a role in it. We have tested apps from top brands like the NBA, CBS, Microsoft, Hotels.com, and USA Today. Over 1.6 billion people have a better app experience because of our work.
With a growing freelance network and client base Testlio is seeking to add a Freelancer Quality Manager to our Network Team. A Freelancer Quality Manager will be responsible for the quality of new freelancers who join our client projects. At Testlio we have high standards for our freelancers and this role is responsible for ensuring all of the new joiners have the skillsets needed to be part of testing projects. This includes designing vetting tests to cover our expanding list of capabilities and improving existing vetting tests to meet our ever-growing standards for quality. A Freelancer Quality Manager will work closely with Testlio Network team, Services team, and our growing Network of 10,000+ freelancers from 150+ countries.
This role is suitable for a person striving to impact the testing market through what matters most – the quality of work. Freelancer Quality Manager works from their own location (e.g. home office) and collaborates with a fully distributed team across the globe.
Why You’ll Love This Job
- You’ll channel your passion for software testing and be integral in helping our freelancers get an opportunity to test for some of the most exciting companies in the world.
- You’ll impact all the freelancers wishing to work with Testlio around the world as the person setting our quality standards.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced global company with a thriving business model, an experienced leadership team, industry-leading freelance testers, and a top-tier client roster.
- You’ll work alongside and learn from strongly motivated and experienced co-workers from diverse backgrounds and locations while enjoying the flexibility of a distributed team.
- Despite the distances, you’ll love our collaborative global culture and contribute to making Testlio a great place to work!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensuring the quality of new freelancers wishing to work with Testlio and our clients.
- Defining the vetting strategy and methods for each testing capability we serve today and for the ones, we plan to serve in the future.
- Defining and increasing the quality that freelancers need to meet to participate in projects. You will work closely with our services team leaders to improve our processes further.
- Managing all vetting flows of freelancers, ensuring the information required is readily available and easy to follow. Continuously improve existing vetting flows to increase our work quality further.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to all freelancers in the vetting process.
Work closely with the Platform team to design new features that would further help vet freelancers.
- Designing scalable processes that are aligned with Testlio values and our pledge.
What You Need to Succeed
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on testing experience, preferably also on mobile platforms.
- You have very good knowledge in software testing from a theoretical as well as a practical point of view.
- You have a vision of how testing skills need to be validated. You understand the value that a great tester brings.
- You want to design processes for validating the skills of thousands of applicants.
- You have excellent writing and very good verbal communication skills in English.
- Your leadership skills, previous training experience and sound interpersonal skills make it easy for you to collaborate with different teams.
- You have strong problem solving and prioritization capabilities.
- You are analytical and detail-oriented and can work well under pressure in an environment of constant change.
- You are a fast learner, continuously improving knowledge in the testing and software development domain.
- You are a good team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds and cultures.