About the job
Testlio is a global leader in managed app testing, serving large clients like CBS, Microsoft, NBA and SAP who together have over 1.6 billion users of their digital products. The company operates a subscription business that is venture capital backed and profitable — and has generally grown strongly year-over-year.
As an Engineering Manager you will be leading a team of software engineers in an Agile setting, by defining the processes, rhythm and rituals to deliver most advanced testing management solutions in the industry. Creating modern and AI/ML powered solutions for SDLC and software for the DevOps toolchain. Working closely with Product Management, Designers and stakeholders, you are responsible for driving your team success by creating software that is scalable, performant, impactful and meets requirements of our users – software engineering teams, services and our network of freelancers. You’ll use your mentoring skills to guide your direct reports and other members in the organisation through tough choices and challenges, in creating modern cloud software using innovative technologies and concepts.
- Build, manage and lead a team of software engineers (normally 5-7 people), working on site or remotely – we are distributed by design, with a site in Tallinn.
- Own your team’s processes – we follow Scrum, with autonomous teams.
- Be hands on coding and commit to team goals.
- Create a healthy working culture, leading by example.
- Own software development lifecycle (SDLC) and best practices.
- Provide technical excellence in architecture, code and the whole development process, implement necessary changes and toolings to achieve maturity.
What do we expect from you?
- Degree in Computer Science (BSc as entry, MSc preferred).
- Strong teamwork skills & people leading experience.
- Good knowledge and proven excellence in Software Engineering discipline.
- Understanding of and able to envision a good software architecture.
- Experience in building internal and public APIs, knowledge of different backend and frontend technologies, like Node.js, React.js, GraphQL, Python and/or other.
- Participating in hiring and team building activities.
- Knowledge of OWASP10 and other software security concerns is an asset and good practices to have.
- Full English professional proficiency.
- Previous experience with AWS or Azure is a plus
What we can offer?
- You have a chance to help deliver the mission for some of the biggest companies in the world by building a dedicated test management platform.
- Opportunity to learn constantly in a multicultural environment and grow tremendously.
- A fast, transparent and supportive team.
- Competitive salary, compensation plans and stock options.
- We will take good care of you by compensating sport activities, educational training (or attending seminars interesting to you), relaxing massages etc.
- Not to mention, you’ll be part of an amazing pride of lions – check out our latest Lionfest video and be updated with what’s going on atm.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds and cultures.