About the job
No matter which apps you use, there’s a good chance that you’ve seen Testlio’s work in action. We test apps for top brands like the NBA, CBS, Netflix, Microsoft, SAP, and PayPal, as well as the most popular social networks and innovative growth companies. Our testing platform, a global network of expert testers, and robust client services power mobile app and software testing at any scale, in any location, in any language, on any device. Billions of people have a better digital experience thanks to Testlio.
We are hiring a Documentation Enablement Lead to build and nurture a culture of documentation at Testlio. Reporting to the VP, Learning and Development, you will lead company-wide documentation strategy and management practices, equipping us all to become great at documenting collectively.
We are looking for someone who has experience in implementing large-scale documentation projects for internal and external audiences and is also keen to contribute hands-on to documentation creation per business needs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys educating people on documentation practices and also leads by example in creating high-quality technical documentation.
Why will you love this role
- A unique opportunity to have a wide-scale impact by leading the build-out of an excellent documentation culture across Testlio
- Being in a services business, your work will directly add value to our delivery processes and hence also to our world-class customers
- As a high intersection role, you will be collaborating closely with many respected experts in the industry
Why will you love being a part of Testlio
- A true sense of belonging: the TestLion Pride is a global community of like-minded people who live Testlio’s six values every day. We’re deliberate about building our community with virtual events and activities that keep us connected across the globe.
- Growth through learning: knowledge exchange and learning are central to working at Testlio. You’ll find that motivated, experienced TestLions with diverse backgrounds can always introduce you to new perspectives. With unlimited Udemy access and custom-made courses, you've got the perfect environment for both personal and professional development.
- Enable human possibilities: your work at Testlio has a larger purpose. As a TestLion you will not only help our customers create well-built digital experiences for their users, but also create opportunities for Testlio's freelance network, and support social impact programs like Ignite.
- Freedom to roam: Testlio is a global company that embraces flexibility. You'll have room to work wherever within your region's main time zones. We also want to make sure you can take time off from work to rest. We honor national holidays in your home nation, and provide a generous number of days off, including personal wellness days.
What would your day look like
- Lead organization-wide documentation strategy, both for internal and external audiences
- Define and drive the adoption of documentation architecture and management standards
- Own our centralized documentation repositories (e.g. Confluence), related templates, processes, and procedures
- Oversee the company’s technical documentation practices to ensure a unified approach and cohesive voice representing the company and its message. Key areas include, but are not limited to:
- Testlio platform user guides, release notes, and public API documentation
- Service Delivery process documentation and guidelines
- Customer-facing documentation
- Internal training resources
- Create, systemize, review, maintain and publish high-quality company documentation
- Educate people on document management and content authoring practices, following organization-wide standards
- Continuously seek improvement opportunities on how to manage documentation more scalably and efficiently
- Evangelize and normalize documentation writing as a practice across the whole organization
What you need to succeed
- Passion for high-quality documentation, both on a strategic and tactical level
- Ability to present concepts and data in a structured and well-ordered way
- In-depth experience in managing and implementing large-scale documentation systems and projects
- Good understanding of standard practices in information architecture, including also documentation as code and other concepts
- Experience in technical writing for internal and external audiences. Previous experience in the software industry is preferred
- Fluency in cross-team collaboration and relationship building
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience in a global startup or rapid-growth environment where you’ve built and run projects is preferred
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is a female-founded, equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.