About the job
Testlio is a global leader in managed app testing, serving large clients like CBS, Microsoft, NBA and SAP who together have over 1.6 billion users of their digital products. The company operates a subscription business that is venture capital backed and profitable — and has generally grown strongly year-over-year.
As Director of AI you have an incredible opportunity to influence one of the fastest growing technology sectors in the world by extending and amplifying Testlio’s AI/ML framework, strategy and roadmap for our testing platform and services, for our amazing customer portfolio. Shaping and imagining the future is not easy – its complex and challenging journey, which makes it exciting. You are expanding and leading a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, AI/ML Engineers – you will join a team of experts working in this area in Testlio and are expected to continue growing the team, while fueling our growth and ambitions with elegant and sophisticated solutions along with the rest of the Platform function and other stakeholders.
- Lead Testlio’s AI/ML vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Continue evolving existing AI/ML models and their lifecycle.
- Lead AI/ML R&D initiatives to include prototypes and MVPs that lead into implementable product iterations, responsible for AI/ML R&D and Data processes.
- Be responsible for Testlio data solutions and Infrastructure – BI solutions both for internal and external stakeholders, evolve our current settings.
- Responsible for managing and growing AI/M and Data team–coaching, hiring, supporting and providing feedback.
- Partner with other Platform teams to be technical and business-savvy resource for data related decisions and being an expert.
- Responsible for data related processes – design and architecture, models, labelling, ETL/ELT and other relevant techniques needed for data layer pyramid.
What we expect from you
- A university degree in an AI/ML applicable subject (Computer science, Mathematics or similar) – PhD degree preferred, MSc minimum entry.
Technologies – NLP, Voice, OCR, Image Recognition – you have excellent experience in at least one you consider expert in and can navigate within others.
- Proven capability in demonstrating successful advanced technology solutions (MVPs, well-cited research publications, and/or products) using AI/ML in one or more domains.
- Strong knowledge of the theory and applications of machine learning, AI, deep learning, data science, NLP, text analytics, unstructured data analytics, supervised/unsupervised learning. Proven and demonstrable experience with image and video processing is a strong plus.
- Concepts – graph theory, neural networks etc – you can present it to non-AI knowledgeable person.
- Practical experiences of implementing AI/ML solutions to real products, not just research and playground concepts.
- Tools – PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, Caffe, Shogun, R, Keras, Python or other are familiar to you, have had experience using one of many and know the pros/cons.
- Experience in data visualisation solutions and data visualisation tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to explain complex algorithms, solutions to stakeholders across multiple disciplines, and ability to work in a diverse team.
- Fluent in English.
- Team player with individual contribution capabilities.
- Managing AI and Data teams previously, while being hands on, is preferred.
What we can offer
- You will have the chance to help some of the biggest and most exciting companies in the world confidently ship consumer apps that today already reach more than 1 billion people.
- Opportunity to experience an unmatched company culture, collaborating with a motivated, transparent and talented global, distributed team.
- Opportunity to learn constantly in a truly diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary, compensation plans and stock options.
- Comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employee wellness and development perks.
- Not to mention, you will be a part of an amazing pride of lions – check out our latest Lionfest video and be updated with what’s going on.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds and cultures.