About the job
At Testlio, we partner with our clients to help them ensure their digital products are accessible to everyone – including those with disabilities, such as vision impairment, hearing disabilities, and other physical or cognitive conditions.
The Accessibility Testing Manager will work within Testlio’s Accessibility Center of Excellence alongside an expert in the field of Accessibility. They influence both internally and externally to define, manage and deliver Testlio services to enable our customers to deliver exceptional user experiences.
With a background in consulting and a deep understanding of great User Experiences, Customer Experiences, and Accessibility approaches, the Accessibility Testing Manager will be a strong partner to our customers, guiding their teams on best practices, helping them to deliver products that delight customers at every interaction point. Internally, they are responsible for supporting the Accessibility Testing CoE including testing best practices, enablement, and delivery of client engagements.
Why You’ll Love This Job
- Chance to use your love for User Experience & Accessibility to help shape digital products used by millions of users around the world.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on Testlio’s continued growth as a leader in the Testlio Services organization.
- Shape the current and future Testlio approach to Accessibility testing, client engagement, pre-sales, and go-to-market function
- With a vast variety of customers in Testlio’s portfolio, you will be able to go through situations that you can’t find anywhere else – you will be dealing with multiple projects and partnering with a wonderful, global team to build amazing app experiences for some of the most exciting companies in the world!
Why You'll Love Being Part of Testlio?
- Work alongside and learn from strongly motivated and experienced colleagues from diverse backgrounds and locations while enjoying the flexibility of a distributed team.
- Despite the distances, you’ll love our collaborative global culture and contribute to making Testlio a great place to work!
- We’ll offer you a comprehensive package of base salary, performance bonus, and stock options. Also, unlimited Udemy access to keep your mind happily stimulated
- Enjoy the flexibility of remote work and PTO to help you stay refreshed and energized.
- When COVID-19 and other conditions enable travel, you will have a blast at our in-person gatherings with co-workers from diverse locations.
What would your day look like?
- Design, build and manage Testlio’s approach to Accessibility Testing.
- Create, document, and manage testing approaches across multiple projects with support from Engagement Managers & Testing Managers
- Identifying & vetting freelancers with Accessibility experience.
- Create and document methodology procedures, and best practices and support the enablement of these ideas across the organization.
- Use your extensive experience to challenge, recommend, and partner with clients as well as internal teams to drive Accessibility solutions.
- Ensure a client’s experience and expectations are met through the delivery of our Accessibility Testing Offering.
- Partner with the Sales organization to identify, win, and grow opportunities.
- Work closely with your peers on the Services Leadership team as well as cross-functional departments to continually identify opportunities to improve our customer experience.
What You Need to Succeed
- A passion, curiosity, and focused interest in Accessibility, User Experience, and Software Testing.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Digital Product Consulting.
- Minimum of 5 years of Accessibility Testing experience including an understanding of WCAG – IAAP or other formal certification a plus.
- Able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of WCAG principles and accessibility-related user interface best practices for web & mobile applications.
- Ability to coordinate, inspire, and manage internal and freelance cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong time management, problem-solving, task delegation, and prioritization capabilities.
- Work well under pressure and in an environment of constant change.
- Appreciate the flexibility in the working hours that allows you to balance your clients and your needs.
- A team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences.
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.